The Social and Emotional Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
There are many reasons you may choose to whiten your teeth. Before using any whitening procedure, consult with your dentist in Hamilton since only they can evaluate if you are a candidate for the treatment you're considering.
There really aren't any negatives to whitening your teeth. However, at home products may not give you the results you're looking for. Professional teeth whitening done at your dentist office uses reliable and effective treatments. At home treatments may take hours, days or weeks. But a professional teeth whitening session may change your appearance within hours. Having a professionally brightened and whitened smile:
- Boosts your self-confidence
- Minimizes the look of facial wrinkles
- Enhances your appearance
- Is safe and comfortable
- Improves your first impression on others
- Improves your oral health
- Is affordable
Facts About Teeth Whitening With Your Dentist in Hamilton
Consider these following facts about teeth whitening that you may have not heard before.
- Teeth can absorb stains from your food, and do absorb the whitening products. Professional cleaning products are safe and effective.
- The key to a whiter smile is the device used to apply the whitening product. A custom fitted tray ensures each tooth gets even and consistent coverage, which improves your results.
- Sensitivity after having your teeth whitened is normal and usually disappears within three days after the procedure.
- If you have caps or veneers, they cannot be whitened, so it's best to have your teeth whitened before the enamel on the cap is color matched to your teeth.
- Whitening products remove stains but they cannot change the genetic color of your teeth.